I should not have updated the trip in a journal like. Obviously I am that lazy to write. Pictures are pending to be in hand. What I managed to get is the uploaded ones in Facebook, which are hilarious! Candid pictures are the best, I think.
By the by, second day was the highlight. We had so many events going on and our energy literally drained. Mine completely vaporized by lunch time. The first night, we slept at three in the morning. Kak Farihah and I were squishing our brains figuring out the suitable questions to ask the kids during the motivational talk. Kak Ariena, the elected motivator, on the other hand jotted down her thoughts to be delivered during the talk.
Preparing the questions was hell fun. Kak Farihah and I giggled like hell because of how advanced primary kids are today! And we discovered that we suck at science. Haha.
There were four activities initially but two of them were cancelled off due to a dispute amongst the orang asli people. Four became two - Sekolah Kebangsaan Padang Lebar and Jeram Tengkek. I joined the school activity, which in the morning we repainted the kindergarten's compound and around 11 a.m. gave some sort of a motivational talk. It was a booming success and I congratulate Kak Farihah and Kak Ariena for their efforts. You can see how sincere these people are and genuinely did it for the sake of humanity.
We were like zombies when it ticked noon. Managing the kids was god, exhausting! But seeing how happy they were, ah bliss! The three of us were in front handling the event, while the rests helped out as facilitators.
I could not help smiling and feeling proud when other team mates congratulated on how successful the talk was. Jynna constantly told us how touched the kids were and Kak Min repeatedly tell us that they truly enjoyed our help and hope for us to come back.
What I admire about my colleagues is their sincerity. The amount allocated by the company for contribution was more than enough, but most of them individually donated in their own ways. One reason I believe why some people just prosper.
That took half of our day. We had a brief break before the next activity - traditional games.
It rained before we could actually finish playing all the games. I did not enjoy the games that much because some of them took it seriously rather than playing for fun. So you can imagine the drama occurred because of dissatisfaction. As I said, adults act sillier when it comes to childhood games.
Later that night, we had cultural night. The ladies were all donned in traditional Malay get ups and the gentlemen in baju Melayu. My boss became the highlight because he took the effort showing up in baju Melayu for the first time in his life even. He comes from Hong Kong just so you know.
I have to say that night was one to remember. The food was oh god delicious! Being part of Negeri Sembilan myself, I totally dig in! Most of us had second rounds. Everyone then prepared for the departmental performance. Surprise surprise... we won! Finance, Actuarial and Risk Management performed together. None of us expected to win, so when they announced that we won, all of us stared at each other in a moment of silence and laughed like hell.
We were then entertained by a local traditional band - with the gamelan, rebana and such. It was so lovely. The gamelan player (or whatever you call it) is hot! Seriously, a hot local who plays traditional instrument? Die.
After a few songs it was Joget Lambak session. That's when you come upfront and just dance. You know, let the music flows you. Ah, it was such a beautiful night. Everyone was just dancing and dancing and dancing the night away. Amazingly though, I do not have two left feet! I dance that well. Hee.
All in all day two was a success.


