May 24, 2009

Futsal

You know, I suck at sports. The only thing I am good at is netball (I think). That explains the extra baggage, although I do not mind jogging. My collection of medals were strictly from school. At university I very much am a nerd. Except nearing the end of semesters.

So when Danial asked me to join the company's annual futsal tournament, I laughed. Convincingly told him I have never played and will only bring down the team. But with much persuasion I agreed. He however had the cheek to prank all of us girls. We had to play with the men! One girl per team. Imagine running away from the ball instead of going for it. Encik Yassir told me men are always with their ego, there is no such thing as playing for fun once they are in the field. Bah, you creature suck!


But surprise surprise, my team won second runner up! Hah! But they enjoyed laughing at us girls, seriously. Azrul even shouted from outside the net "Syaza! Menari *Poco Poco ke tendang bola?".

Well I couldn't agree more. I seriously just suck. Although Ravi kept convincing I had some unfurnished skills. Some joked at how skillful I was when I hmm grabbed the ball in between legs (grab? is that the right word?) Haha. But thank you very much. I am done kicking any ball for the rest of my life.


*Poco Poco dance originally comes from Molucca/Ambon (Eastern Indonesia), but popularly performed with a song and lyric in Minahasan/Manadonese Language (Northern Indonesia). We had so much fun dancing it during the staff trip.
 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0