You should include this in your report. Dah present?
- Dah last week, tapi tak tulis.
Why not?! This is charity work. Let them know you are doing more than the other interns.
- Dah last week, tapi tak tulis.
Why not?! This is charity work. Let them know you are doing more than the other interns.
Oh well, not that they will bother. That was Encik Azman. I get used to addressing some of them as encik - blame Kak Farihah. But come to think of it, I prefer encik than having to address them as abang. Encik Azman is my super duper senior according to him. He was an actuarial student at UiTM before, now the Head of Product Development.
We were repainting the kindergarten at Sekolah Kebangsaan Padang Lebar (two in one - a primary & a kindergarten under one roof, how village schools work I suppose) while having that conversation. It was scorching hot. Being in Negeri Sembilan itself was not helping. But we know we had a mission - to inculcate the importance of education. Repainting was part of the charity work.
Ah before I move on, it was the company's first staff trip. And it was held at Kg Stay, Batu Kikir, Kuala Pilah. The main agenda was to contribute, give back to the community. Reason being at Negeri Sembilan? I do not know. The trip however was a success! That I know. Congratulations to the committee. And on behalf of everyone we enjoyed it.
We departed from the office around 3.00 p.m. last Friday. The journey was occupied by watching The Gladiator - CEO's, or better known as Encik Din amongst us, favourite movie. I slept halfway.
By the time we arrived, it was almost dark. But we managed to inhale some fresh air at Jeram Tengkek. I was the first to dip in my feet into the river. Kak Manje joined me later. We were too busy snapping photos we forgot there is a waterfall slightly further than where we were. Those who went up described how breathtaking it is and twitched my jealousy nerves. Boo.
The silly duo - my supervisors. Muhibbah, no?
After dinner that night, we had bonfire team building. We assembled around the bonfire and were instructed to play a game - Musang & Ayam. It was hell fun! My team cheated the most. Haha. Kelly kept on running away whenever the musang came nearer. So technically we lost, but we explained that it was a strategy. You have to believe me when I say adults act sillier than kids when it comes to childhood games.There is no doubt you can achieve the physical objective, but will you be able to touch their hearts? They will know if you do it because you have to, not because you want to. I still remember how energetic Marziana (or was it Mastura, hmm) was when she said that. We were separated into four groups according to our activities on the next day. In five minutes we had to come up with the team name, vision and cheer. Impossible? All of us scored!
The basic purpose of the four activities is to contribute. Some money were allocated, but it was the effort thrown in that matters. Will we be able to touch their hearts?