7th day of January. Life has been plain, a week. No longer will be starting tomorrow, since 2nd semester is kicking off yo! Pretty much thrilled, I am. Good results sure boast inner confidence. Slight frustration considering I cannot continue learning French. Discovered last minute changes of study schedule. Will be having night classes; Tuesday & Thursday. Usually are the nights I go for French lessons. Hoping that I'll be able to answer 'oui!' when someone ask 'parlez-vous Francais?' Sigh. Only for 1 semester, I might continue in future. I hope. Did however called Monsieur, wondering if he could change the night. He was indeed kind, saying he'll not only discuss it with others but also register it on behalf of me. Merci bien Monsieur! Tu as tres gentil!
I don't think I'll be able to handle straight 4nights of classes. I'll be dead. With maximum credit hours this semester, I still am considering to take piano practical grade8. Which I failed previously by the way. & proudly to say, I was not the worse among the worst! There were 3 of us, that particular exam day. We all failed! Mrs Tan was laughing when she handed me the slip. Miss examiner wasn't kind as I predicted. See! I'm such a psychic. Consideration needs to be made as:
1. I'll procrastinate
2. Easily succumb to boredom (practice same pieces for a year?!)
3. Impatient as Mrs Tan mentioned
4. Will not juggle time well
Etc etc. Such a pessimist. I wouldn't name myself a pianist like people noted me as. I've been playing since kindergarten. At the early age of 5, I was blowing the melodian back then. It was in primary, standard1 I began playing the piano. After being urged by AMSA's principal. She did inspired many souls. Been learning to play a decade there. Piano never daunts others, but draws attention. Those who are able to touch the keys serenading lullaby, concerto, soul, jazz, current hip, etc etc sure are mesmerising. And I am always proud of being able to touch hearts without uttering. Just through music.
I did take guitar lessons 2years back. It didn't survive. SPM was the blame, I stopped. Sakit jari! Pathetic reason though. So you see, the thing is, should I take the exam or leave it? AMSA is no longer under Guildhall, Trinity takes charge now. According to Mrs Tan, grade8 now, will be easier, not much different in terms of scales, arpeggio, but the pieces are shorter! Longest would be 4pages. I only have to play one movement, instead of tiring 3movements of 20pages!! Come to think of it, I didn't really fail because I suck at it, simply lack of practice. Haha duh!
And fyi, I'm not that good with piano. Seriously. Ask me to play, impromptu. I'll die. I have no memory of a complete song! God I'm pathetic. But I must say I did impress them with my playing. Kan kan? Haha. Golden years were before i entered grade8! Really. What happened Syaza? Like Mrs Tan said, I did bad, really bad this time. My my. It'll be a waste not to finish my grade8, and to 11years of taking lessons. Tapi never is a waste to learn. Piano instilled me in many ways, thank you! I have much to think of, decisions, not a fan! Blergh.
My parents leave it on me to decide. So what should i do?
I don't think I'll be able to handle straight 4nights of classes. I'll be dead. With maximum credit hours this semester, I still am considering to take piano practical grade8. Which I failed previously by the way. & proudly to say, I was not the worse among the worst! There were 3 of us, that particular exam day. We all failed! Mrs Tan was laughing when she handed me the slip. Miss examiner wasn't kind as I predicted. See! I'm such a psychic. Consideration needs to be made as:
1. I'll procrastinate
2. Easily succumb to boredom (practice same pieces for a year?!)
3. Impatient as Mrs Tan mentioned
4. Will not juggle time well
Etc etc. Such a pessimist. I wouldn't name myself a pianist like people noted me as. I've been playing since kindergarten. At the early age of 5, I was blowing the melodian back then. It was in primary, standard1 I began playing the piano. After being urged by AMSA's principal. She did inspired many souls. Been learning to play a decade there. Piano never daunts others, but draws attention. Those who are able to touch the keys serenading lullaby, concerto, soul, jazz, current hip, etc etc sure are mesmerising. And I am always proud of being able to touch hearts without uttering. Just through music.
I did take guitar lessons 2years back. It didn't survive. SPM was the blame, I stopped. Sakit jari! Pathetic reason though. So you see, the thing is, should I take the exam or leave it? AMSA is no longer under Guildhall, Trinity takes charge now. According to Mrs Tan, grade8 now, will be easier, not much different in terms of scales, arpeggio, but the pieces are shorter! Longest would be 4pages. I only have to play one movement, instead of tiring 3movements of 20pages!! Come to think of it, I didn't really fail because I suck at it, simply lack of practice. Haha duh!
And fyi, I'm not that good with piano. Seriously. Ask me to play, impromptu. I'll die. I have no memory of a complete song! God I'm pathetic. But I must say I did impress them with my playing. Kan kan? Haha. Golden years were before i entered grade8! Really. What happened Syaza? Like Mrs Tan said, I did bad, really bad this time. My my. It'll be a waste not to finish my grade8, and to 11years of taking lessons. Tapi never is a waste to learn. Piano instilled me in many ways, thank you! I have much to think of, decisions, not a fan! Blergh.
My parents leave it on me to decide. So what should i do?