I remember spacing out when my TA (teaching assistant) asked the class about health reform issue last Fall semester. Surely I was not the only one giving a blank face. Being very new to this land of opportunities, my writing classmates and I found it hard to comprehend the issue let alone debate on the matter. But clearly we could take the gist on how big the issue was (still is).
Ironically, this torturous course that I wake up and bid goodnight to, plays the never-ending role of mortality, morbidity, and whatnot of insurance. I was told about University of Iowa (UI) establishment of the crazy course, hence the decision to go off my rocker. What I did not know was its medical; school, research, and hospital reputation. So it was not much of a shocker when we learnt the news of Obama coming to UI.
It was not his first time; he was here three (was it four?) years ago. Moving along, we had to register our names at The White House website to be eligible for two tickets. By eligible means dumb luck. So most of us obviously signed up and waited for that one call. Just a little about me, I have always been out of the lucky range when it comes to 'being selected'.
Well... life is a series funny waves. I got selected for the two tickets!!
Being in the sea of tall people killed my view of Mr. President, but his voice, goodness to god is too too sexy. He addressed the issue in a jovial manner, which indirectly made the audience stood up at ease. The half an hour speech was filled with laughter and chants of support. You can have a go at the speech;
here.
Aida and I also had a fun time observing the secret service agents. They literally stood up half of my height with a straight face and a set of eyes that could shatter your body in pieces. But men in suits... oh blooooooody sexy.




