Extract: The Road Not Taken
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,
..Robert Frost
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,
..Robert Frost
Familiar? Yes, the one we studied in school. The poem I could not relate in real life, yet I pictured being in his shoes for exam's sake. Ironically, I am now humming along as it begins to appear that I am travelling the road not taken. I might irk you by story-telling the course I have taken, and I do not plan to do so. Just here to spend my holiday wisely, by writing. Ennui gets into me, always. So anyway, I began the prologue of UiTM by describing how I hate hypocrisy. How people behaved contrary to what others see them as. Truth is, I was more of letting out my thoughts rather than picturing good side of UiTM. Well, I've never planned on praising UiTM. At times maybe, but why should I?
Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful to Allah for where I stand now. And I am slowly digesting the reason to where I am right now. My dreams were crushed one by one after I received my SPM result. Since a kid, I hoped of becoming a doctor. To many, it seems common, nonchalant. But I knew inside I don't just wish to become a person who cures, but also help others rejuvenate and bring them to the right path, where I might in ways affect their lives. Reminding them why they are still alive, soothing their families to accept God's decision, to always pray for better outcomes and most importantly to just be by the side of your loved ones. And by the end of the day, I would say to myself, I'm enjoying wiping of others' ass. Honestly, I thought of that years ago. For some reasons, my family encouraged me of becoming a doctor, the whole really. Except for one person, whom I never wish to break her heart, my mother. Mak was opposing on her daughter turning into a doctor. I remembered telling her, just because you can't stand seeing bloods, doesn't mean other people feel the same and because of that others shouldn't be a doctor. And watching shows like House, CSI, Grey's Anatomy was never just watching. Mak will always remind me constantly of how my life would be if I were to be a doctor. Truthfully nothing like portrayed in tv.
But mak can never stop me. I was determined, and still fresh in mind the day I said to her, if I do not obtain straight A1s then I'll change my mind. Thus she was the person overly joyed when I didn't score straight A's. She didnt say literally, but I studied her reaction. Frustrated, I began questioning what went wrong. It even surfaced vividly after I was rejected for all the scholarships I applied. And after all the troubles, I managed to get a place in UiTM; Actuarial Science. Mak went through a lot of troubles getting me in as I was offered a place in Matrix, therefore UPU shoved me off. And because of reasons, we managed. Reasons which now seem existent. That all this while, I was meant to do this, and I should not blow my chance off. And people, mothers never failed to be impeccable. They just know. God knows how I hate it when mak always is the one able to loudly shout 'I told you'. Stamping me with a loser title.
And thanks to her, I am now happy with what I am doing. I'm enjoying it despite hating Computer Programming. I have a life which I know others don't. And this is just the beginning. My beginning is joyous, and I plan to keep that for the next years. For all my pasts, they remain memories. I wish for them not to be tarnished, therefore for things now, I stop hoping for pasts to be my companion. They are my teachers, and have taught me lessons. Pasts I meant include all. And to my new born memory, I pray for a lasting story. The one I wish to share in 20 years time. We lose some, we gain better. Also knowing I have angels (Becks, Giraffe, Kakak) guarding me, I am at ease.
I get agitated with those looking at me weirdly for not knowing what Actuarial Science is, and looked down! Especially those who thought that they are highly educated, yet pathetically are close-minded. And I am also looked down for studying in UiTM. Imbecile I named them. For doing professional course, rarely even in overseas, and doing it in a place like UiTM are those who are deservingly praised as open-minded. Regarding the poem extract, let the rest stanzas be a motivator to me. We chose the road not taken.
Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful to Allah for where I stand now. And I am slowly digesting the reason to where I am right now. My dreams were crushed one by one after I received my SPM result. Since a kid, I hoped of becoming a doctor. To many, it seems common, nonchalant. But I knew inside I don't just wish to become a person who cures, but also help others rejuvenate and bring them to the right path, where I might in ways affect their lives. Reminding them why they are still alive, soothing their families to accept God's decision, to always pray for better outcomes and most importantly to just be by the side of your loved ones. And by the end of the day, I would say to myself, I'm enjoying wiping of others' ass. Honestly, I thought of that years ago. For some reasons, my family encouraged me of becoming a doctor, the whole really. Except for one person, whom I never wish to break her heart, my mother. Mak was opposing on her daughter turning into a doctor. I remembered telling her, just because you can't stand seeing bloods, doesn't mean other people feel the same and because of that others shouldn't be a doctor. And watching shows like House, CSI, Grey's Anatomy was never just watching. Mak will always remind me constantly of how my life would be if I were to be a doctor. Truthfully nothing like portrayed in tv.
But mak can never stop me. I was determined, and still fresh in mind the day I said to her, if I do not obtain straight A1s then I'll change my mind. Thus she was the person overly joyed when I didn't score straight A's. She didnt say literally, but I studied her reaction. Frustrated, I began questioning what went wrong. It even surfaced vividly after I was rejected for all the scholarships I applied. And after all the troubles, I managed to get a place in UiTM; Actuarial Science. Mak went through a lot of troubles getting me in as I was offered a place in Matrix, therefore UPU shoved me off. And because of reasons, we managed. Reasons which now seem existent. That all this while, I was meant to do this, and I should not blow my chance off. And people, mothers never failed to be impeccable. They just know. God knows how I hate it when mak always is the one able to loudly shout 'I told you'. Stamping me with a loser title.
And thanks to her, I am now happy with what I am doing. I'm enjoying it despite hating Computer Programming. I have a life which I know others don't. And this is just the beginning. My beginning is joyous, and I plan to keep that for the next years. For all my pasts, they remain memories. I wish for them not to be tarnished, therefore for things now, I stop hoping for pasts to be my companion. They are my teachers, and have taught me lessons. Pasts I meant include all. And to my new born memory, I pray for a lasting story. The one I wish to share in 20 years time. We lose some, we gain better. Also knowing I have angels (Becks, Giraffe, Kakak) guarding me, I am at ease.
I get agitated with those looking at me weirdly for not knowing what Actuarial Science is, and looked down! Especially those who thought that they are highly educated, yet pathetically are close-minded. And I am also looked down for studying in UiTM. Imbecile I named them. For doing professional course, rarely even in overseas, and doing it in a place like UiTM are those who are deservingly praised as open-minded. Regarding the poem extract, let the rest stanzas be a motivator to me. We chose the road not taken.