Time is a commodity - to quote an Iowan.
Howdy! Don't get your hopes too high, not gonna update full swing. Brain's pretty drenched out and it's only the first day of classes. Goodness, by Spring 2011 this missy here is gonna be totally off her chump.
After sitting for the English Proficiency Test, I'm required to take the undergraduate writing skill class. Felt like it's a waste of time considering I'm here to complete the remaining semester hours as soon as possible. And that I've heavy actuarial subjects to concentrate on. But the moment I stepped into the class, my heart just jumped of joy. Imagine your writing being published on the local newspaper... god! How exhilarating! And have you felt the sense of belonging despite being in a new place? :)
Anyway, one detail sighted in the course outline needs a highlight.
Attendance:
You are expected to attend all classes on time, but you may be absent three times before your overall grade is affected. In order to participate in class, you need to be on time and stay throughout the entire class.
5 - 10 minutes late = 1 tardy
Over 10 minutes late = 1 absence
3 tardies = 1 absence
0 - 3 absences = no penalty
4 - 5 absences = 1 grade lower
6 - 7 absences = 2 grades lower
8 - 9 absences = 3 grades lower
And when they say how punctual Americans are, they are! God I love this country. Those who know me well, really understand how important punctuality is to me. Classes, bus schedules and almost everything else start and finish on time. On the dot. Picture me smiling of relief - no more complaining about lateness.
To whom it may concern, masa itu emas.
P/s: I miss the never ending boy-talk with my mommy.