I am enjoying my holiday thus far. The little monsters are here! Babysitting sure is tiring but they are heading home today. Gotta straighten up a lot of things. My check list keeps adding up! And too many boxes I have yet to tick. Bugger.
Time is not that friendly. The clock is ticking too fast! Had a mere reality check with kakak last night. It is sad that some just drift away. Some whom I thought would stay. Perhaps I stand far off the new found click. Oh boy. You bother not trying twice you said. Ouch, that hurts. Sedih lah, why?
Anyhow, been ages since I last updated on books. I sort of ditch them for quite some time. But hello hello, I am back books! Fear not for I shall dream with you. Before dozing off is the best time to read. That's when the world is at its peace.
A good book takes me a day to finish. At most three depending on the number of pages. Yes without skipping a word. Boring books will had me at the third chapter. Then jump to the last two chapters I shall and the in between is left figured out. Really. I can picture how the in between goes. That's how I read.
But I realise lately, some books are too easy. I need something that will boggle my mind. I love love that kind of book. My vocabulary on authors is pretty limited. Care to suggest any?
What I have had my hands on lately,
1. The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
- Weird in plot but digestive enough, a total recommendation.
2. December by Elizabeth H. Winthrop
- Bored to death. The synopsis tricked me!
3. The Witch of Portobello by Paulo Coelho
- Not as good as The Alchemist.
4. Economist on Wall Street by Peter L. Bernstein
- Oh boy. Never nearing non-fiction, ever.
Ah and as I was scavenging through my bookshelf, I found This Side of Doctoring, Reflections from Women in Medicine by Eliza Lo Chin. Mother bought for me when I was weighing the possibility of becoming a doctor. Yes yes I wanted so much to become a doctor then. And to my dear girlfriends who are inspired to be one, please read this book. It will bring more meaning to why you are meant to do this :)
So I settled down for books from mother's shelf. Classical. Enough to keep me crazy before finding the perfect book to accompany my take off. Jane Austen creations - Emma, Mansfield Park, Northanger Abbey, oh I am done with Persuasion, Sense & Sensibility and Pride & Prejudice. All time recommendations! But perhaps I should start with Charlotte Bronte by Jane Eyre. Hmm Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy seems tempting.
Oh boy. Drop me off your take on a good company in flight will you?
Time is not that friendly. The clock is ticking too fast! Had a mere reality check with kakak last night. It is sad that some just drift away. Some whom I thought would stay. Perhaps I stand far off the new found click. Oh boy. You bother not trying twice you said. Ouch, that hurts. Sedih lah, why?
Anyhow, been ages since I last updated on books. I sort of ditch them for quite some time. But hello hello, I am back books! Fear not for I shall dream with you. Before dozing off is the best time to read. That's when the world is at its peace.
A good book takes me a day to finish. At most three depending on the number of pages. Yes without skipping a word. Boring books will had me at the third chapter. Then jump to the last two chapters I shall and the in between is left figured out. Really. I can picture how the in between goes. That's how I read.
But I realise lately, some books are too easy. I need something that will boggle my mind. I love love that kind of book. My vocabulary on authors is pretty limited. Care to suggest any?
What I have had my hands on lately,
1. The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
- Weird in plot but digestive enough, a total recommendation.
2. December by Elizabeth H. Winthrop
- Bored to death. The synopsis tricked me!
3. The Witch of Portobello by Paulo Coelho
- Not as good as The Alchemist.
4. Economist on Wall Street by Peter L. Bernstein
- Oh boy. Never nearing non-fiction, ever.
Ah and as I was scavenging through my bookshelf, I found This Side of Doctoring, Reflections from Women in Medicine by Eliza Lo Chin. Mother bought for me when I was weighing the possibility of becoming a doctor. Yes yes I wanted so much to become a doctor then. And to my dear girlfriends who are inspired to be one, please read this book. It will bring more meaning to why you are meant to do this :)
So I settled down for books from mother's shelf. Classical. Enough to keep me crazy before finding the perfect book to accompany my take off. Jane Austen creations - Emma, Mansfield Park, Northanger Abbey, oh I am done with Persuasion, Sense & Sensibility and Pride & Prejudice. All time recommendations! But perhaps I should start with Charlotte Bronte by Jane Eyre. Hmm Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy seems tempting.
Oh boy. Drop me off your take on a good company in flight will you?