May 28, 2009

Blessed


I dedicate this to my parents and of course kakak.

My diploma venture was hell. Scratch relationships, studying was not a walk to remember. Meek as I may, if not for kakak, I would have been a total gone case.

The glorious days were when half of the programme intervened. Later I found myself being laughed at, being isolated to the darkest room and being snickered for chasing those dreams. Sadly yes by my lecturers.

It was hurtful. I was at my lowest point.

Internship was a door. An opening I figured from being bogged down by pathetic mentality. In truth, I was afraid. How wide is that door?

I remembered mother gave me her two cents worth, leave a mark. As usual, I made that here we go again face. Today, I understand completely. Thank you.

Tomorrow is my last day of internship. I never thought my presence means that much until this week. I have had two farewells so far - one was lunch with my boss and just tonight with the actuarial department (with the CEO even). Boss joked at how important I am. I got my own desk name-tag when the other interns do not. They have never made me feel left out. I am blessed, I know.

And tonight as the CEO recommended his friend’s contact in the States to help me around especially for a job, I spaced out. Ayah, I hope I have made you proud. I almost cried reading their wishes to me; the CFO had me at most.


Syaza, although you have only been with us for a few months, you have made your presence felt (in the nicest way of course) and we will certainly miss you. All the best and enjoy yourself. Your Pictionary Partner*

The other day when I received an email entitled Karaoke & Syaza’s Farewell Invitation, I held so much not to weep. It was so nice of Kak Faza and the rest. And today Kak Farihah rang me up to ask if I am available for lunch tomorrow. They want to have the last lunch with me. I feel so touched.

Beat me, four farewells. But the feeling sucks. It is harder to leave. And these people have been nothing but a family to me. I am accepted.


It is nice to be appreciated – for who you are. The littlest thing you thought means nothing, carved smiles in some hearts even better in most hearts.

A friend once told me, keep chasing those dreams, yes I will. Because those dreams I am chasing are not only mine, but yours too, all of you.

I apologise for being cocky, but this one I hope to be excused. Just a living proof of, if they have in any way let you down, do not give up. For if the wise of experience speaks, you listen. But if the wise of ignorance speaks, you sleep.

Thank you for the profound journey. I have had a walk to remember.

*I was so good at that game during the staff trip, she drew stick people of us playing. So adorable! It was the first time I played. Oh I did a lot of first times when working.
 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0