I adoringly love my uncles, aunts, big cousins, dad’s acquaintances and of course my dearest parents for making my Aidilfitri this year meaningful! *hint* for now, I am enjoying the bits of being a varsity student! It automatically ranks my eligibility of receiving the duit raya higher than the little ones. Awesome! Finals’ fever is still there, but as the eyes meet the sachet of greens it cools off the heat. And considering I’ve years ahead of burying my head in textbooks, I feel more revive! heehee.
One of the reasons Aidilfitri is awaited each year huh? Like previous Aidilfitri and several occasions, I pen down thoughts as a token of celebration. Definitely this Aidilfitri is nothing different although I honestly have nothing special to share. Aidilfitri is to commemorate the one month of sincere devotion to Allah that the Muslim went throughout the Ramadhan. How each of us devote ourselves vary, but it sums up to seek Allah’s blessings. As the calling of azan Maghrib fills the atmosphere on the last day of Ramadhan it marks the victory of all Muslims. And to celebrate, the takbir Raya lightens up the eve of Aidilfitri.
The morning ambience of Aidilfitri is filled with joyful tears as relatives kneel down forgiving one another. Maaf Zahir & Batin. It does not stop there. The Aidilfitri prayer, visit to the graveyard, visit to relatives’ and friends’ houses, and of course scrumptious Aidilfitri delicacies. The many ways of celebrating spice up the Aidilfitri gala, and because of that joy, merry and glee shine our hearts.
On a lighter note,
I spent the Thursday before Aidilfitri menganyam ketupat with mom’s side. I seriously did! I mastered the skill when I was in high school. Thanks to my Mak Lang who patiently taught me. High 5 to those who can too! My first day of Aidilfitri ended with ritual satay feast on ayah’s side. The next day is spent visiting my grandma’s siblings and late grandpa’s siblings. I’m back in Shah Alam around 10 p.m. the second day. It appeared rare to us, because we normally spend a week away home for Aidilfitri. My dad has to resume working yesterday, so the ladies went to Ikea. So out of our norm!
Anyway, Selamat Hari Raya again! Do come to my house. I do not plan to have an open house because I’m not in the mood. But we’ll see how it goes. Please, feel free to come and duit raya awaits you! Bien sur!