May 12, 2007

Mother

From a daughter,

I find myself floating not wishing to be awakened,
at this very moment, every year.

Trying my best to come up with what is soon to be a gift.

This seems to be all that I have,
to thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Appreciating all you have done.

And to the very last breath,
I wish only to make you happy.

And so I sit, reminisce.

It seems nonchalant,
that I only write to celebrate you.

But only through this medium,
the naked truth of my gratitude is well explained.

Mother, the only reason,
without a slight doubt to why I’m here,
able to witness God's horizon, is you.

Fantasy was robbed, reality surfaced,
I apologise for what I done that had hurt you.

Growing up, discovering the world,
with you by my side is what I shall treasure the rest of my life.

Without you, I’m nobody.

And without you, I’m never me.

The littlest thing you never missed to praise means a lot.

The never-ending love you showered makes me feel wanted.

I know now and forever,
I’m never alone for I have you.

You share similar roles with other mothers,
but only you who understand the whole me.

Whatever mask I wear,
none will disguise its nearest best around you.

The gift every mother has is of God's will,
of knowing what's best for her child.

And to this very day,
I thank you for choosing the right white canvas,
and bought me the best tools,
that I have been using to paint my life.

For this special day,
I thank you for having me,
loving me constantly.

Never giving up on me,
and to God I pray,
that you’d be happy,
living this life and the after life with solid blessing.

Loving you always,
Thank You
 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0