September 27, 2006

Of UiTM, Part1- Tudung

When I first step my feet on UiTM, it was years back. Mak's a lecturer there, so technically I've been there before I am known as its student. I wasn't aware of the culture, the surrounding, neither have I bothered about UiTM. All important was that Mak works there. Mentally & physically, a kid I was. Why should I bother then, of what I think of now?

Eventually, as I grow older, striding adolescent, mind is congested with images. Views of mature reality. Still, not the real 'real' world. Only now, 17 years of age, I delve into 'endings are beginnings'.

So what am I thinking? Ah, the widespread of UiTM; government school. Noted as world class university recently. For real. Wait, not this I wish to write about. It is the hypocrisy of some. I'm nauseated by acts, to cut short, I'm amazed at how one wears tudung, prettily dressed, well-mannered & typical Malay'ish yet, behaves reversely as mention. Not offending any, just voicing out.

Few are friends, new ones. Looking the 'sangat-sopan' girls, obviously contrary with me, I observed that they are somehow rebelling. Enough getting mock at not wearing tudung and labelled as 'perempuan kurang baik', I feel that it isn't fair. Not forgetting the 'bandar girl' title. Are people that blind? Double-standard. Now & always; perempuan with tudung are always baik. I see that only those, open minded are flexible to accept that we 'the not wearing tudung' are even better. We are equal, we are PEREMPUAN.

Yes, menutup aurat. But does it not defeat the purpose of wearing one, when you act against Islam? Showing hugging images on Friendster, wearing shorts? Sleeveless? I should not give this matter a glimpse. But again, now & always, this will never change. It is in one's heart you find the beauty, not the tudung!

People often say that 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder' and I say that the most liberating thing about beauty is realising that you are the beholder. This empowers us to find beauty in places where others have not dares to look, including inside ourselves.
..Salma Hayek

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0